Round Up For The Rookies
When you "Round Up" your tab to the next dollar, you will be donating your pocket change to the Company 7 BBQ First Responder Fund. This pocket change may change your life by enabling students to get an education and possibly become your local Firefighter, EMT, or Paramedic.
For example, if your check total is $14.65 your server will ask you if you would like to round up to the nearest dollar making the check $15, then .35cents will go to the Company 7 BBQ First Responder Fund.
Funds will go toward:
- First Responder Community Improvements
Company7 BBQ is teaming up with Sinclair Community College to offer scholarships for their Fire Science Technology programs.
Here is how it will work:
- Students will be nominated by instructors who will consider need, GPA, desire/spirt, and/or a family history of First Responders.
- Nominated students will submit a written appeal of no more than two pages and make a 15 minute presentation to the Fire Science Advisory board.
- The Fire Science Advisory Board will recommend a deserving student or students to Company 7 BBQ. The board may recommend splitting the amount of the scholarship among more than one student.
- If we have sufficient funds we may offer the full amount to more than one student.
- Awards may consist of $2500 for tuition toward completion of Fire Fighter I, Fire Fighter II, EMT, and Paramedic certification. Rates for tuition and the amounts of the awards to be determined in a joint effort by Sinclair Community College and Company 7 BBQ
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.